Essays from 116th Street

Self-therapy, since 2004...

Name:
Location: New York, New York

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Grouchy

It has been chilly and overcast here in New York this past week, resulting in a seriously hostile frame of mind here on 116th street (of course, it could also have been that annoying, pointy-shoed hobbit I was unfortunate to have spent part of my Saturday night hanging around). So here I sit, with so many things to look forward to, things that should be bringing a smile to my face, and instead I have become Gargamel.
For example, today I am going to pick up my copy of 2006 FIFA World Cup for Playstation 2. I will probably spend a couple of hours striving to gain qualification to Germany with Beasley and company, and that will make me happy. At least it would, if I hadn't spent the past few days in a grey-skied, goosebump-inducing state of both body and mind. Isn't it supposed to be May?
Tomorrow night, The Girl By 23rd Street finishes her finals, which means that she will be talking to me again. This is, of course, a fairly exciting development, but without a warm spring breeze to make me feel at peace with the world, I instead find myself grumbling about how it's too cold to be outside, and how it looks like it's going to rain at any moment. Not to mention that it's still not tomorrow night yet, so still no The Girl By 23rd Street.
Hey, the Suns play the Clippers again tonight! That's fun, too! But I bet my cable acts up again, and lord knows how much I hate dealing with those shmucks. "That's right, Mr. Jackson, we're coming between 10 and forever, on a day that's two weeks into the future, from now until the end of time!" Since when did Time Warner Cable turn into Mum-Ra?

OK, wait, the really hot girl at work just smiled at me, that made me feel a little bit better...

OK, back to being grumpy...

Oh yeah, that girl from Saturday, who came out with my friends; did I mention how annoying she was? Begging for attention, insulting my friend and trying to push me into even more of a bad mood by insisting that I was in a bad mood, despite my attempts to ignore her? Sigh...

But guess what, kiddos? I'm gonna be an uncle again, I'm gonna be an uncle again, I'm gonna be an uncle again, I'm gonna be an uncle again... That makes me legitimately happy! So I guess what I'm saying is that it's never as bad as it seems. In fact it's pretty good. Now if those damn clouds would just go away...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...but just think. You didn't have to take any law school exams. ;)

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping the world is looking brighter... :)
--Emelia

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home